Grandpa & I

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Golden Gate Bridge | April 1979 & May 2015
Lucia Lodge in Big Sur | April 1979 & May 2015
Groveland | April 1979 & May 2015
Yosemite Entrance | April 1979 & May 2015
Valhalla Pier in South Lake Tahoe | June 1981 & May 2015
The Market Square Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg | February 1978 & December 2014
Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans | February 1978 & April 2014
Christian's grandfather in 1978 and Christian in 2015

As a child, whenever I got sick and had to stay home from school, my grandpa would come over and we’d spend the whole day chatting. He used to ask me what kind of story I want to hear and then to the smallest detail he’d tell me about his childhood friends, his life on a farm or how he met grandma.

So when I spotted this amazing little project I got all nostalgic. For the past three years, Christian Carollo has been traveling the United States in search of some of his grandparents’ favourite locations. He finds them using his grandfather’s travel photos and his grandmother’s journals. So sweet! Do you know a lot about your grandparents?

P.S: Oma and Bella.
P.P.S: From grandma with love.

(via Bored Panda)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandparents are 89 & 91 this year and I wish I could see them more. unfortunately we live so far away from each other and talking on the phone proves to be hard. They don't hear very well but they think they do haha

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Such a sweet story, both yours about your grandfather & the photographers. Just love the photos! Thanks so much for the really sweet comment you left me on my blog! ;0)

Camila Faria said...

This is so cool. I'd love to do something like that. His grandfather's pictures are amazing, what a fun & emotional project!

Fashion Lights said...

such a great project :)

abfashionlights.blogspot.co.uk

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk