A flower fix = happier you

Thursday, August 20, 2015


When was the last time you treated yourself to a bunch of flowers? Do you find buying fresh blooms a waste of money because of their short life-span?

Some of my friends haven't bought a bunch in years because of how quickly they die, but I just might have something to convince them otherwise. According to a research in the Netherlands, fresh flowers have a huge connection to our well-being. Supposedly the presence of flowers in our home, workplace or even hospital can make even the most stressed or poorly person feel less anxious and instantly more relaxed. There is just one little thing to consider when picking up a bunch: always remember that less saturated and brighter colours are generally more relaxing, while bold saturated colours will surely energize you.

So what do you say, are you convinced? Fancy getting a flower or two after work?

P.S: The little things in life...
P.P.S: Flower niftiness.

(Flower fun facts via Huffington Post. Photos by Linda Lomelino)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often have the intention to get fresh flowers on my way from work but I usually talk myself out of it by the time I get to the florist. This will change now for sure.

Art Farm said...

So interesting about the colors! One suggestion for your friends is to see if you can buy flowers that were grown locally. So many flowers are shipped in from South America or Africa and I bet the reason why they don't last as long is because they've already traveled a long way already. xo, Katie

Jana ! said...

I've been buying myself flowers every week for the past two years. I grab a bunch at the farmers market-it's never more than $6 and i figure it's cheaper than therapy :) Sometimes they will last over two weeks.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, yay!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, great tip! Thanks, love.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana, indeed cheaper than therapy! Love that:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk