Watermelon Melts

Monday, July 6, 2015

Are you into strange food combinations? What is the oddest one you tried?

I've always raised my dad's eyebrows with my food pairing choices. One of my childhood favourites was pickles with jam - I know, odd but it worked! Anyway, over the weekend friends got the grill out and we made watermelon melts with two different types of cheese and herbs for the first time. Even though we were all pretty skeptical about it, now I'm totally declaring this my favourite summer meal of 2015!

So, if you feel like trying something new, heat up the grill (or oven), slice the watermelon into wedges, top them with fontina cheese or fresh mozzarella + freshly chopped thyme or dill. Grill until the cheese is golden and bubbly for about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with some pistachios and enjoy!

P.S: Also, this awesome twist on mango and vanilla ice :)
P.P.S: Watermelon ice!

(Photos and recipe by Alaina Sullivan and Cook Republic)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds intriguing. Jill

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

This combination seems a little odd but I could also see it being delicious.

Art Farm said...

Wow! Sounds really delicious! I'm all about the savory/sweet combinations. xo, Katie

LyddieGal said...

I will try anything with watermelon, and a savory watermelon salad was the standout hit last summer, so I'd definitely give this a try!
Chic on the Cheap

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk