The perfect summer plant for your home

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Have you heard of the Ficus Ginseng plant?

Yesterday while getting distracted from work, I read that this native Asian bonsai tree is the must have plant to create a unique and whimsical summer vibe in your home! Supposedly it’s very low-maintenance as long as you don’t over-water it. It doesn’t need too much direct light either and it’s happy in cooler temperatures as well - so it should be fine during our cold winters.

The fascinating fact about it is that the roots are grown in China and Malaysia for up to 15 years before they are exported to other countries, where the growing process is completed in greenhouses. So every Ficus Ginseng we buy is already a mature plant with a good deal of history. Don’t you just love that?

I don’t know about you, but I’m totally smitten with their peculiar shape. I think it’s a keeper! What do you think?

P.S: Also jarred plantshanging plantsradiator shelf plants and my other love - fiddle leaf fig tree.
P.P.S: The life changing indoor plant tip.

(Photos by/via Urban Jungle BloggersStylizimoHappy InteriorStyle Files and Frenchy Fancy)


Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I've never heard of this plant but I totally want one now. It would be a perfect complement to our money tree :)

Art Farm said...

I've never heard of it before, but I love the twisty trunk!!! Sounds like a great option for my home, which doesn't get a lot of strong sunlight. xo, Katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk