B'Day Cakes?

Monday, July 27, 2015


My 33rd birthday is little over 2 weeks away! As much as I like to keep my birthdays very low key with a relaxing day off and a dinner at my favourite Greek place, this year I’m thinking about making a cake the night before to kick off the celebration. It’s funny because I’m not a cake person at all, but a few days ago while speaking to my dad, he reminded me that as a child I loved yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It stuck with me so much that I’ve been looking around for a delicious cake recipe. This one seems pretty perfect but those three look equally irresistible too.

So, I’d love to ask if you have a favourite cake recipe that you’d like to recommend. Thanks!

P.S: Half-birthday?
P.P.S: 2 ingredients + 30 minutes = Nutella cake and this adorable tin can cake.

(Photos by Oh, Lady-cakes)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

For my mother's birthday recently I baked an orange-white sponge cake that ended up very delicious. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5524/orange-and-white-chocolate-sponge

Art Farm said...

I made this a few years ago and I still think about it! http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/devil-dog-cake-241516

xo, Katie

Jillian said...

hooray for birthdays! i love yellow cake with chocolate frosting...and you cant go wrong with greek food! OPA~ xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Carmen said...

I am absolutely into moist chocolate cake or lemon meringue pie (if I am not in the mood for long preparations, I stick to lemon bars).

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Yum all this talk of cake is making me hungry! Wishing you a happy birthday in advance...sounds like you have the perfect way to celebrate!

ingrid said...

I've made smitten kitchen's pink lady cake for my last two birthdays and it's THE BEST cake ever. Happy early birthday!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, it looks scrumptious! Thanks for the link:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, yummy!!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Carmen, ah lemon meringue pie sounds perfect!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sally, thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ingrid, I'm going to check that cake out right away. Thanks, love.

Merry Meri said...

Those photos have my mouth watering! I think a home-baked cake is a fabulous way to kick of your special day celebrations!!! Happy almost birthday!! xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk