1 couple, 1 cat and 16 countries

Wednesday, July 1, 2015




Yowza, on August 12, 2011 Matt and Jessica Johnson left their regular everyday life behind, sold their home, their cars, all their personal belongings and set off in their new sailboat for an adventure of a lifetime!

So far, they have visited 16 countries, including the Bahamas, Jamaica, Cuba and Peru and are not planning to stop anytime soon. In 2012 they even adopted an adorable little cat named Georgie who joined them on the deck. The little rascal loves the sea and to their surprise, adores to swim as well!

Wow, I am so impressed by those two! Bravo for being so brave! I'm curious, would you ever consider leaving everything behind to explore the world and travel?

P.S: Also, this couple and this one too :)
P.P.S: Plus, tons more travel-lust!

(via Bored Panda via News)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently did five months around europe but something like this would be even better. Wish i knew how to sail.

Jillian Manesh said...

lucky cat! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

So cool! I would love to do this if only I could sail!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, Anonymous! How incredible!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Jillian - to true :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sally, same here:) Ah!

Art Farm said...

Wow! I have always wanted to quit, sell it all and just travel, but then the logistics of it all trips me up and I wonder how to afford it all. But it is such a dreamy idea. And that cat is too cute! xo, Katie

Steph said...

Oh yes, if I had the money, I definitely would love to! We could bring Oakley too. Love this story :)

Emily said...

Ah how lovely! I've been coming across a lot of sailing couples lately, but none with a cat!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, ah, yes! Dreamy idea, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, Oakley would love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Emily :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk