Travel Wanderlust: Benbulben in Ireland

Thursday, June 18, 2015




Fancy a bit of wanderlust this Thursday morning?

Last night I had a coffee with a friend who recently came back from a trip to Ireland. After about 5 minutes of browsing through his photos, I spent the rest of the night daydreaming about this amazing place. I especially fell for Benbulben, aka the 'Table Mountain'. Have you heard of it?

It’s an unusually shaped rock formation resting in the middle of County Sligo in Ireland. Supposedly, if you're brave enough to climb this giant, you will be rewarded with the most magnificent view over the coastline and the Atlantic Ocean. Also, depending on the time of the day you decide to visit it, it can look truly eerie or truly magical! My friend also said that when you reach the top, you get this tinkling feeling that something special is about to happen and when you feast your eyes on the view, you are a changed person forever. Wow, magical, don't you think?

P.S: Also, Scottish ponies and Ireland's mysterious tree tunnel.
P.P.S: A grown-up gap year!

(Photos by/via Jason HawkesIrish Insider Guide and A Well Traveled Woman)

10 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, this is stunning! I'd love to be somewhere like this right now. Hope all is well with you! I'm just catching up... x

Steph said...

Wow, this is stunning! I'd love to be somewhere like this right now. Hope all is well with you! I'm just catching up... x

little luxury list said...

What a majestic view! I'd love to go to Ireland some day as well for the wonderful scenery!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Jillian Manesh said...

so gorgeous! im adding ireland to our travel wishlist! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

Wow! I love how green and lush Ireland is!! This looks truly breathtaking! xo, Katie

Pixelhazard said...

Oh my how beautiful. Mid yeah holiday dreaming definitely going on here


Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, me too...I so want to visit it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Katie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Pixelhazard:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk