Jazzy rhubarb ice cubes

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Need a dash of motivation to stay hydrated this summer? I have just the thing for you: sweet and delicious rhubarb ice cubes!

Those suckers will definitely do the trick, but don’t take my word for it, try them and see it for yourself! I’ve been making them on repeat, and despite the weather playing tricks on me, those pretty pink cubes have been adding tons of summer vibes to my days. (Not to mention nourishing my body with all the iron, calcium and potassium). Plus, they look so darn fancy, don’t they?

Here is the how to: Pour into a glass jar 4 cups of boiling water over 6 cups of chopped rhubarb and stir in half cup of sugar (you can replace the sugar with half cup of maple syrup). Cover the jar and let it stand at room temperature for 24 hours. On the next day, strain and transfer the rhubarb water to an ice cube tray and freeze. Ta dah!

P.S: Plus, green sun tealavender lemonadeiced green mango tea and java on rocks.
P.P.S: Also, beauty boosting ice cubes, those jazzy takes on water and a bit of watermelon goodness.

(Recipe adapted from Canadian Family. Photos by exPress-o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How easy I love rhubarb. Just made a pie the other day.

Art Farm said...

Wow! Such a great idea!! And so pretty too! :) xo, Katie

LyddieGal said...

I'd love to try those - even if just for the delightful color!
Chic on the Cheap

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk