How to: Jeera spa water

Monday, June 29, 2015

Speaking of summer, have you heard of jeera water?

It’s a common drink in India based on steeped cumin seeds. After Cheryl’s recommendation, I’ve tried it a few weeks ago and I can't get enough of it! The mix of fresh garden herbs combined with cumin seeds makes for the most delicious health tonic that eases digestion and promotes hydration.

So if you’re bored of sipping on plain water, here is how you can make a bottle of your own jeera water on a fly:

In a skillet, toast 1 teaspoon of whole cumin seeds for about 3 minutes over medium heat, shaking the skillet so they don't burn. Next, stuff a few handfuls of fresh herbs such as mint, parsley, cilantro or thyme in a tall glass water bottle and using a funnel, add the toasted cumin seeds. Fill the bottle with filtered water and drink throughout the day while topping off the water as you use it. Ta dah!

P.S: Also, lilac water.
P.P.S: Wash your bowl and a few other jazzy takes on water :)

(Photo and recipe by 5 second rule)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy cumin & I never heard of jeera water. On my list now, thx.

Jacqueline Howett said...

Love it. Thanks for the Jeera water tip. Now I can call it something. I've been doing this as tea mostly anyhow. I shall try heating up the cumin seeds. Although I do tend to use the powder a lot anyway in my food.
I've been drinking a lot of coconut water, lately. It's so nice and sweet and great for dehydration. It's also a good place to add all the herbs if not using organic honey so often. I also add a tad of pomegranate juice. Thyme is wonderful too as a tea cold. Simmer and strained, and great for the lungs and many other healing benefits.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

This sounds great ... I've got to try it... It looks so pretty too!

Art Farm said...

Ooo! This sounds great! I love toasted cumin!! And what a perfect way to use a glut of garden herbs. :) xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Jacqueline, I love the idea of mixing coconut water with a dash of pomegranate juice. Also, thyme is amazing, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Sally :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, yes totally!

OnePerfectDay said...

I am definately trying this!!
Why can't I pin the image?

Diana Mieczan said...

OnePerfectDay, try to pin it again. I just tried it and it worked. Hope that helps:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk