Genius lemon beeswax candles

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

How was everyone’s weekend? Ours was wonderfully lazy!

Anyway, regardless of the season, I am a big candle fan. You? I always feel that a lit scented candle can really make any space feel super cozy. Having said that, I recently learnt that many store bought paraffin candles release toxins into the air making them not-so great. But there is a fantastic alternative: beeswax! The awesome thing about beeswax is that it also works as a natural air-purifier and it lasts twice as long as conventional candle. Yay!

So, my plan for today is to get a few zesty lemons, whip up some lemonade and use their peels to make those candles in lemon peels. Supposedly they smell like a soothing mix of honey and lemon. Yum!

If you fancy giving them a go as well, here is the full how to. Psst: I bet your work buddies would love to have one of those on their desk while working. Just an idea:)

P.S: Also, clementine candles and wine cork candles :)
P.P.S: How to extend the life of your candles.

(Photos by Twine and Table)


Anonymous said...

Good idea and I have a basketfull of lemons in my kitchen waiting to be used. thx

little luxury list said...

I am most DEFINITELY checking this out - how fresh and fun!

little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Rachel said...

This is such a cool idea! Such a great way to use lemons. Love the photography!

The Runaway Journal

Diana Mieczan said...

I hope you try it, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

little luxury list, yay! So fresh, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Rachel, glad you like it!

Jillian said...

this is such a fun idea! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Fab idea, and I love the design of the matchbox!

Art Farm said...

I love this idea! I bet it smells heavenly! xo, Katie

Jeni said...

Thanks so much for sharing my candles Diana!
They really were so surprisingly easy to make.
Hope you get a chance to try them out too!
Marieken, the matches are from Madison park greetings company.
Thanks again! 🍋
Jeni from

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Genius! This looks darling and I bet it just smells divine. I always have lemons in my refrigerator so this is going on my try list!

Rowena @ rolala loves

Diana Mieczan said...


Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, it smells SOO good:) You would love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jeni, my pleasure! They are totally amazing. Thanks for such a nifty how-to.

Diana Mieczan said...

Rowena, I hope you make them - they are wonderful and smell so good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk