Bug off!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer evenings on the balcony or your beloved patio are always a thrill but mosquitoes are not, am I right? They can really spoil a great evening!

So, this year instead of getting a few of those overly scented citronella candles from the shop, I'm going to try Eden’s brilliant recycled bug candles idea, made of leftover wax from candles we already have and charming tea tins. I love that this way I can totally control how much citronella oil I put into the candle and I can also use other scents like grapefruit to offset the overwhelming smell. Plus, I’m such a sucker for tins in all shapes and forms.

Let’s get this summer started and reclaim those balcony evenings, shall we?

P.S: Here is the full how to if you fancy giving it a go as well.
P.P.S: Plus, this nifty sunburn trick and that awesome summer skin trick.

(Photos by Sugar and Charm)


Anonymous said...

They look much prettier than the regular bug candles. In in!!

LyddieGal said...

Such a cute and clever idea! Great way to recycle things you've already got as well.
Chic on the Cheap

Marcela said...

OMG! I'm so in! They look amazing! Lovely idea!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

What a cute idea, I really like those tins!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Lydia:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Marcela!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Marieken Hoefnagel:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, totally agree!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk