10 takes on rhubarb

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Each year, during late spring and early summer months, I always promise myself to enjoy rhubarb to the fullest, but somehow by the time I get to it, rhubarb season is already over. Am I alone in this?

Having said that, this year I’m on a mission. On Monday, I got the biggest bunch of fresh and beautiful rhubarbs at the farmers market and I already made some delicious cupcakes from the My New Roots cookbook (can’t recommend this gem enough). So since I’m on a roll, here are 10 different and mouth-watering takes on those beautiful veggies to try out over the next couple of weeks, starting with above: the glorious rhubarb panna cotta tart.
Rhubarb sorbet.

Spicy rosemary rhubarb margarita.
Caraway and cardamom poached rhubarb.

Rustic rhubarb, almond and honey tart.
Strawberry and rhubarb upside down cake.

Rhubarb and ginger spritzer.

Gluten-free strawberry and rhubarb pie.
Rhubarb puff pastry tart.

And Rhubarb bourbon cobbler.

Which take on rhubarbs tickles your fancy? Do you have your favorite? Do tell...

Psst: The lady at the farmers market told me a little storage tip: always place your fresh rhubarb in a fridge. This way it will stay fresh for weeks to come.

P.S: Plus, 15 scrumptious takes on avocados.
P.P.S: New food story is coming up!

(Photos by Adventures in CookingThe Hungry AustralianThe Vanilla Bean BlogDunn SweetGirl Cooks WorldHummingbird HighThe Bojon GourmetHint of Vanilla and Pink Patisserie)


Anonymous said...

Bookmarking the upside down cake for my husband's birthday this weekend, thank you

Art Farm said...

YUM!! I am a sucker for a rhubarb and strawberry cobbler. So that last recipe sounds amazing. xo, Katie

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

The rhubarb and ginger spritzer looks like it's right up my alley, I will pass these recipes on to my rhubarb loving friend :-)

japandesign said...

Yep, that's me!!! LLLLOVe rhubarb, but always miss the season!!!

Alina said...

I wrote a report on rhubarb in elementary school, but never got into it. These photos tempt me, especially the poached rhubarb.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I love rhubarb!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk