The Art of Simplicity: Dressing in Three Colours

Wednesday, April 1, 2015



Have you heard of the dressing-in-three-colours rule? It’s a quick and a fuss-free concept to looking good in no time.

It’s all about wearing no more than 3 colours per outfit including accessories and lipstick. Sara says that following this simple rule will make choosing your morning outfit very easy. What's the best way to incorporate your accessories? Simply match them with one of the 3 colours you use that day. Wearing a patterned blouse? Find a bag or lippy shade that matches the dominating print. Sounds pretty easy to follow, don’t you think? Above are a few nifty examples that I love. Ah, simplicity at its best!

Would you give it a go?

P.S: How to dress like a true Parisian this spring.
P.P.S: The DNA of the Parisian style.

(Tips and photos via AP&AS)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need all the help I can get. I'll try it tomorrow morning. Jill

Art Farm said...

I didn't realize this was a rule that I was already following! :) Anytime I put together an outfit that has more than 3 colors, it feels too busy or fussy. Simplicity at its best! xo, Katie

Tish said...

so much lovely ideas. i'm obsessed with the maxi skirt/leather jacket combo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk