Parenthood is about love, not genetics

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

As I mentioned last Friday, today we're starting a new series on the blog that is an open topic in our home right now. The series is about a handful of mothers and one awesome father who chose adoption as a way to build their little family.

Some decided on it because of health issue or infertility, while others felt like it was the most beautiful and natural way to give a little kiddo a loving home. So if you, your best friend or someone you know is thinking about starting a family, tune in every Tuesday for the next couple of weeks to read stories of incredible kids and their amazing parents telling us honestly, openly and truthfully the ins and outs of creating a happy, precious and loving family through adoption.

As for me, putting together this little series was very therapeutic, not to mention how much I cried reading every single story. So be ready to get emotional and be totally and utterly gobsmacked my the awesomeness of those families. Cheers!

The first story is coming up shortly!

P.S: Future baby names and thoughts on motherhood.
P.P.S: All things babies...

(Photo by Shane Shepherd)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister was adopted 3 years before I was born. My mother had health problems that lead her to choosing another patch. The interesting bit is that my sister is the one person I feel the closest connection to. So in short, I believe that family is not about blood or at least not only. Looking forward to reading weekly.

Art Farm said...

What a wonderful series, Diana!! I'm sure this will help a lot of couples. A friend of mine adopted two beautiful little boys. She was interviews on NPR about it. http://www.npr.org/2013/06/27/195967886/six-words-black-babies-cost-less-to-adopt

xo, Katie

Merry Meri said...

I am SO looking forward to this series! Though my husband and I hope to be blessed with children biologically, we have always talked about also adopting. I cannot think of anything more beautiful than giving a home to a child in need of love and a family. I can't wait to read on!! xox, m

Alina said...

This is such a great idea! As someone who's worked with foster care programs (where some children have goals of adoption) for the past four years, I agree that this is an important topic that should be talked about more.

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for doing this series, it has encouraged my heart so much! We are in the process of trying to adopt locally in Australia and I love reading about how it was for others. The questions you asked are exactly what I wanted to know, so thanks again!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Michelle, awww...my pleasure:) Wish you all the luck with your journey:) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk