Let's talk favourite cookbooks...

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What's your favourite cookbook right now? Or the one that you can't wait to get?

Eek, there are few things that can make me more excited than a cup of morning coffee - one of them is a great mail day and the other one: fresh flowers:)

Yesterday, all three things happened in a matter of an hour. Yup, I had my coffee, got fresh flowers for the flat and My New Roots cookbooks finally arrived! Since I've been waiting for its release for months, I couldn't be more excited when it finally landed on my kitchen table. Naturally I dropped everything and started to read it. Confession: it's even better than I hoped.

Anyway, the cookbook got me so inspired that I made a list of 6 more cookbooks that I am dying to add to my collection this spring and I'd love to hear your favourites as well. Deal? Do you own any of them?

Starting from top: 
My New Roots by Sarah Britton.
Green Kitchen Travels by Luise and David.
The Art of Eating Well by the Hemsley sisters.
Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward.
A Modern Way To Eat by Anna Jones
- AppĂ©tempt: A Coming of Age Story by Amelia Morris.
Genius Recipes by Food52.

P.S: Also, 14 of my favourite food memoirs that won't disappoint.
P.P.S: A few more cookbook gems.

(Top photo and layout by exPress-o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Books, flowers, coffee are my fave combo too. I recently received The Green Kitchen Travels as a gift and already tired 5 different recipes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana, your blog is first that I read in the office, have been following for a while, don't think I have ever commented, but cookbooks are my love and I would suggest you add "Bowl and Spoon" to your list, might of heard of it, it's from very talented couple Sara & Hugh Forte from Sprouted Kitchen......happy page flipping, cheers, Sonja

Art Farm said...

I am so excited for Anna Jones's A Modern Way to Eat. I've cooked a couple of her recipes from her blog and off youtube and they're really wonderful, healthy and tasty! xo, Katie

Carmen said...

I love cookbooks and I definitely need to review all your suggestion. I love any Jamie Oliver material, even if the recipes are very similar from one book to the other. But they are inspiring and uncomplicated. And my go-to-book is "1080 Recetas de Cocina" (1080 recipes) by Simone Ortega, a French lady married to a Spanish press tycoon, who wrote a book revisiting Spanish traditional cuisine but with a French twist, with A-to-Z expplanations. A must fot beginners, here in Spain. It was written in 1972 and more than 3 million copies have been sold.

sini said...

Man I love cookbooks! It's my weakness for sure. I get one from everywhere I travel, to remind me of the local cuisine. These books also looks pretty good!

Lila @ Justnibble and bellagetsreal said...

I am currently trying to record all of cheffy's tricks and tips to put in a book. It would be fun to publish one day. I love going to a book store a browsing cook books. So much life happens in the kitchen.

Pinar said...

The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson!

Steph said...

Woohoo! What a perfect hour. I'd replace the coffee for tea, but it sounds like a great way to start the day. I'm loving the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook right now and anything by Ottolenghi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk