How He Asked

Thursday, April 16, 2015

"I started to get down off the rather steep rock, but Andrew turned around and began talking about how this beautiful hike reminded him of our relationship – exciting... tough at times... yet unimaginably beautiful. Even as he started to talk, I had no idea what was going on, but then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. With shaky legs and so many tears in my eyes, I said yes."

"We reached the intersection of West Cedar St and Acorn St, where I recited a poem that I wrote for her. The surprise and happiness I saw in her eyes when I asked her to marry me is a moment I’ll never forget..."
"We were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by snow-covered mountains and rolling white plains, miles from the nearest person. Connor had one of the photographers (my Christmas present) tell us to hug and close our eyes so that he could take closeup pictures of us (while also handing off the engagement ring to Connor). When I realized Connor was hugging me with only one arm, I immediately asked, “Where is your other arm?!” All of a sudden, he got super teary eyed and started to shake..."
"On the way, we happened to pass Tiffany & Co. My nerves had started to build so I thought having a little fun might help calm them. I asked Megan if she wanted to go in. She thought I was joking but I said that she could show me what kind of engagement rings she liked. We did a little browsing and she showed me what style she wanted (luckily, I already had the same thing in my coat pocket). We left the store and strolled a few more blocks to our final destination...."
"Connor grabbed my hand, we walked out on the rock, turned and smiled for Connor’s brother. As I was looking at the camera Connor tugged my hand for me to look, when I turned around he was on one knee holding my beautiful ring. The request was simple, no poems or fluff, he just looked at me and said “Kourtney will you marry me” he had watery eyes and I was frozen. I was shocked, the first thing I said out of my mouth was “are you serious?” I couldn't express the joy, surprise, and all other emotions I felt."
"We had been to Vegas and went in their version of the Eiffel tower. I decided I wanted to take Ashley to Paris and propose to her in the “real” Eiffel tower but wanted it to be a complete surprise and something she would remember forever."
"This year we went on a 5 day expedition to Hang Son Doong, the world's largest cave in Vietnam. Underneath a sunbeam below Doline 1, I dropped to one knee and asked my girlfriend of 6 years, Alesha, to marry me. Inside one of the most beautiful places on the planet, she thankfully said yes!"

Have you seen this sweet instagram account called HowHeAsked? Their whole feed and their website is full of the most beautiful proposal stories accompanied by heartfelt photos. Honestly, I could spend my whole day reading those sweet stories - above are a few of my favourites.

Now I’m curious, how were you proposed to? Was it a surprise? Did you expect it? What would be your ideal proposal?

P.S: On top of the world and 10 feel good films of my 20s.
P.P.S: 15 takes on life, love and happiness.

(via Bored Panda)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not married (yet) but if it happens, I hope it will blow me away.

little luxury list said...

Aww I love this! I was totally clueless when I received my proposal from my husband. He surprised me by flying into Paris and met me on the Ponte des Artes (my roommate made sure I was there then). It was a surreal moment!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Art Farm said...

Aw! This is the BEST! Toby and I had talked about getting married for awhile and I knew he would, but I was completely unaware. We had planned a quick little weekend away to Milwaukee and he proposed there one night. It was simple and lovely and just perfect! xo, Katie

the cape on the corner said...

i love these! we've been to so many perfect proposal spots, but i'm still waiting, lol. thanks for sharing this, i'm going to check the site out.
b

Steph said...

Jorge created the perfect picnic for me in our favourite garden on the most beautiful summer day in June. I posted photos on my old blog but didn't mention the proposal bit in the post since we hadn't told anyone yet! https://littlelondonobservationist.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/a-picnic-in-a-garden-of-roses/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk