Easter Egg Tree in Germany

Thursday, April 2, 2015



Blimey, how is this for an Easter extravaganza? Every year since 1965 this sweet gentleman from Saalfeld in Germany decorates his apple tree with 10 000 colourful hand-painted Easter eggs. It takes him and his wife about 2 whole weeks to get everything done, but the result is astonishing! Oh boy, wish they were my neighbours! :)

P.S: Homemade Cadbury creme eggs.
P.P.S: Easter egg trick and tons more egg goodness.

(via The House That Lars Built and Tumblr)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to help them decorate. Must be fun.

LyddieGal said...

Now that is an easter tree! What a brilliant display, and perfect way to celebrate the arrival of spring.
Chic on the Cheap

Eliza Jane said...

Wow, talk about dedication! I wonder what they do with them all after.

Eliza Jane said...

Wow, talk about dedication! I wonder what they do with them all after.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

That is seriously stunning! I'll bet it looks even more marvelous in person!

Rowena @ rolala loves

Art Farm said...

Wow! Absolutely incredible! What a sight. :) I would love to be his neighbor too. xo, Katie

magdalena said...

That is pretty awesome

Jillian said...

so pretty!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Steph said...

Wow, this is incredible!!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

That is amazing! I hope they get to decorate that tree for many years to come :-)

Alina said...

Wow, this is so amazing, I almost can't believe it's real. But when I think that it is, it's even better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk