Coffee Shop Solitary.

Thursday, April 9, 2015






Lately, I've been working a lot from a café just around the corner from our flat. Somehow the hustle and bustle of people chatter mixed with the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans helped me survive the never ending winter. My favourite spot is just by the window. I love how the light hits the gigantic splotchy glass early in the morning and how watching people can be so darn therapeutic.

Here is a quote I saved on my desktop a while ago that describes that sweet solitary feeling you can have by treating yourself to a simple cup of coffee.

“Go to a coffee shop. Sit by the bar with the glass windows and look out. Look at all the people running to catch a train. All the girls with one too many shopping bags. All the couples too in love to care. Then you’ll see it — a bit of yourself in everyone. And somehow, sitting alone in a coffee shop had never felt so good.” 

Do you drink coffee alone? What's your favourite coffee shop?

P.S: 1000 + coffees and have you tried butter coffee yet?
P.P.S: Fancy winning a few sassy rings? Don't miss our GIVEAWAY!

(Photos by/via TrotterWhat Should I Eat For Breakfast TodayThe Poetry of Material ThingsPhilip TongFox on the Run and Modern Hepburn)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goal after I finish my degree is to spend more time indulging myself with coffee. thx

hello.agi said...

I love sitting alone in coffee shops too :) my favorites are Kelet and 4street in Budapest, both have big windows! but I have a serious list of good coffee shops here:))

Art Farm said...

I love going to coffee shops on my own or with my best friend (who is moving back to Chicago next week!!!). My favorite coffee shops in Chicago are La Colombe, Coffee Studio and my neighborhood gem Metropolis. Metropolis has the best granola. It's always a treat to go there for breakfast with a good book. xo, Katie

magdalena said...

What a lovely quote. I've cut back on caffeine, so I haven't gone to coffee shops as often as I used to. But I should! Just for the creativity, people watching, etc.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Great photos! Love the quote too!

Alina said...

I love that quote! It reminds me of a related word (in my mind)--sonder.

I enjoy making a ritual (or tradition, even) of going to coffee shops and drinking coffees alone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk