1940's New York Fashion

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Each time my grandma sees me in my rolled-up jeans, messy hair and a slouchy top, she always says that back in the day it was unheard of for a lady to leave the house without perfectly done hair, bold lipstick and a 'ladylike' outfit that usually meant a stylish and modest dress with appropriate length and a pair of heels :)

Those images of 1940's New York ladies reminded me of grandma's words. The incredible thing is that if you look at the outfits themselves, they are as stylish right now as they were back then. Don't you think?

Anyway, grandma will be pleased, since I'm wearing a dress today:)

P.S: Also, this 1940's wedding dress and this headscarf.
P.P.S: Plus, unfussy and classy :)

(via LIFE Magazine via Wolf Eyebrows)


Anonymous said...

I'd wear the tomboy look in a sec. Jill

Marta G. (A Bilingual Baby) said...

How stylish! I want the third dress! It's fabulous! As for the hair, I'd have no idea how to get those great looks! Best regards from sunny Barcelona,

Steph said...

I love dresses with sleeves. They're all lovely. :) I have so much catching up to do over here. Hope your day is going well! x

Jillian Manesh said...

so stylish! i love their hair too! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

little luxury list said...

How divine! Yes I'd rock any of these outfits!

little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Art Farm said...

So stylish and so current! I absolutely love these dresses! xo, Katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk