1928 England

Thursday, April 9, 2015





I've been missing England a lot lately, so when this morning I stumbled upon those fantastic and rare colour photos, I felt like I hit the jackpot!

In 1928 National Geographic sent photographer, Clifton R. Adams to England to capture its farms, towns and cities, and its people at work and play. The clever chap used the Autochrome process to capture everything in colour. The amazing thing is that many of his photographs feature British women. The significance of it is that in 1928 women finally attained full voting equality with men. Until the passage of the act, only women over 30 could vote in British elections. What a gem!

P.S: Beachy Head and this dreamy countryside spot.
P.P.S: Don't miss our 5 stacking rings GIVEAWAY!

(via Miss Moss via Mashable)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always had this idea that I belong to a different era. Pretty!!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Wow these are great!!! =:0)

Jillian said...

these are pretty fantastic! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

little luxury list said...

These pictures are so vivid! What a find!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Art Farm said...

I love that last photos especially! xo, Katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk