Window-seat London

Thursday, March 12, 2015



Ah, London from above! Isn't it dreamy? Yesterday morning my mom surprised me with a Skype call saying that she booked a flight to visit us this spring. So, when this morning I spotted those beautiful bird eye images of London, I got really nostalgic!

Recently, on a sunny flight back to Heathrow, Christian Barrett took those shots with his iPhone and got totally gobsmacked when he viewed them at home afterwards - not realizing how beautiful they turned out to be. I just love how the tilt shift makes the city’s landmarks like the Shard, the Tower Bridge or the London Eye look like little kids toys. Brilliant!

Have you been to London before? What’s your favourite spot there?

P.S: London, all empty!
P.P.S: Travel as therapy.

(via Daily Mail)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My city, so pretty!!

Steph said...

So pretty! I love looking down from the plane whenever I land in London. Our house is visible from the Heathrow flight path if you look hard enough and I always try to find it by spotting the bridge that's a five minute walk away :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, I love that!

Jillian said...

beautiful! totally gives me wanderlust! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

little luxury list said...

How cool - I love the tilt effect! I want to go back to London now!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Art Farm said...

London is one of my favorite cities!! I love these photos, so fun! I think my favorite London spot is Borough Market. I love looking at all the food available and I had the best grilled cheese ever! xo, Katie

Erin said...

I can just about spot my old workplace, Southbank Centre, next to the London Eye. I miss London loads. I think some of my favourite places were walking out to get my morning coffee on the South Bank in the fog in the winter, taking the bus from Shoreditch to Southwark over Tower Bridge for a previous job in the morning when the river looked just like a Turner painting, the Columbia Street flower market, the Barbican, Concrete - the weird little bar inside the Hayward Gallery, the roof terrace at Soho House... ahh so many places. Miss it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh Katie, Borough Market is something special, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Erin, your comment made me totally daydream about London:) Love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk