Turmeric Chai

Tuesday, March 10, 2015


I'm obsessed with turmeric - there, I said it! When it's fresh, it has this unique vibrant flavor that's hard to resist. A mix of herbal and citrusy goodness that works like nothing else. After trying a few different takes on turmeric tea, this one is the only one that makes my knees weak. I love the simplicity of it and the intensity is just right.

It's a simple mix of ginger, turmeric, milk (of your choice), water, peppercorns, cinnamon and honey for sweetness. Here is the recipe if you fancy giving it a go.

How do you use turmeric?

P.S: Immune boosting elixir and how to fuel your day.
P.P.S: Also, how to make spiced chai concentrate.

(Photos by Kimberly)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm yet to taste turmeric. I think you just convinced me.

Jillian Manesh said...

we use tumeric in a persian dish -- estamble polo, it's made with ground beef, 1 whole onion diced, salt, pepper, tomato paste, and tumeric with rice. SO good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Young at Heart said...

Sounds delicious....I make a Persion and barley chicken stew which is flavoured with turmeric!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, it's really lovely.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds delicious, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yummy,Young at Heart.

Art Farm said...

This sounds wonderful! I just recently saw some fresh turmeric at my grocery store. We use turmeric a lot in Indian food and sometimes I'll sprinkle a little on an egg to get an extra antioxident kick. I also made that immune boosting elixir you posted when I was sick late last year. So wonderful! xo, Katie

Deniz said...

I'm also in love with fresh turmeric! Last night I heated some fresh shredded turmeric in some coconut oil and ghee to make scrambled eggs with fresh spinach. A pinch of chilli, salt and a generous amount of fresh pepper ... it was really delicious!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, so happy you liked it and great idea to add a bit of turmeric to eggs:) I will try it this week.

Diana Mieczan said...

Deniz, it sounds so good! I need to get some ghee and spinach:) Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk