The Reindeer Riders

Monday, March 2, 2015



Blimey, after living in Tibet for more than a decade, photographer Hamid Sardar-Afkhami started to document the country where the majority of the population is still nomad. The people of Mongolia have an unusually close relationship with reindeers. They breed them, take care of them and ride them into the deep snowy forests to hunt for food and collect antlers they can sell. Also, their spiritual connection with animals extends beyond keeping them company, they are very attached to them. You can totally see that in these photos, can’t you? What a different world, isn’t it?

P.S: Ubuntu - I am because we are.
P.P.S: Iceland - land of giants.

(via Messy Nessy Chic)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great start to my morning. Thx

Mandy Doornenbal said...

Beautiful!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Wow, these are amazing photos....& yes you can feel the connection! Thanks!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, aww:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sally, I can't stop looking at them:)

Camila Faria said...

This is magical! They're out of this world!

Art Farm said...

Beautiful and magical! I had no idea that reindeer lived in Tibet! Cool! xo, Katie

Steph said...

Beautiful photos! I have long been fascinated by nomadic cultures. One day I will go to Mongolia... I have two friends from Ulaanbaatar but I bet traveling through the country would be stunning.

Diana Trotter said...

I need to learn your trick for finding such stunning photos and articles to share! The first three photos are just...wow they leave me speechless! Remarkable. Going to the site to see more!

Diana Mieczan said...

Camila:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, neither did I:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, totally! What an amazing place.

Diana Mieczan said...

You're the sweetest, Di:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk