The Best Ever Friend-Making Tip.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It’s a fact that with age making new friends proves to be more difficult. Do yo feel the same way?

The good news is that there is a great solution. According to Red Magazine and a new study, comedy is the best tool to make new friends. Supposedly, when you make someone laugh (even with a lame joke), it makes people open up and instantly feel more comfortable around you - like an ice breaker. So next time you're up for building a friendship with the new girl from your yoga class, crack a joke or two. There's a second bonus: if they don't laugh at your jokes, they'd make a rubbish friend anyway.

I’m going to test this tonight on a pilates class and see how it works out. Have you made any new friends recently?

P.S: How to get rid of stressful thoughts.
P.P.S: Little laughing challenge.

(Tip via Brigid Moss. Photo via Oregon to Patagonia)

12 comments:

Art Farm said...

It's funny, my friend Dan and I were just talking on Sunday about how hard it is to make friends when you're older. That's a great tip! Plus I love making people laugh. I'll have to remember this. xo, Katie

Anonymous said...

I noticed this too. It's mostly because people in my age and I are on different life-paths. I'm not great with jokes but I'll try. thx

Jana | One Drawing A Day said...

So timely-I'm thinking about a big move and I'll need to make new friends in the new place :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, it's so interesting that after a certain age it's so much harder to open up. Balazs thinks it's because people already formed groups and are comfortable in the set-up they already have - so there is no need for them to open up. Hmm

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I'm a terrible with making jokes as well:) Giggle

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana, good luck on the big move! Where to?

Chrissy said...

It is so hard to make friends now that I am older. Glad that I am not alone in this! This is a great tip, because it's a lot easier to connect when laughing together!
Happy Tuesday, lady xxx

DT @ Here I scribble said...

That's a great tip! and such a simple thing too- laughter. Thanks for sharing!
-DT
http://hereiscribble.blogspot.com

Polly Rowan said...

I've just moved to a new city so making new friends is on my mind. This is really helpful thanks. And you're right, it's a lot harder after school/ university etc. x

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, DT!

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, good luck, sweetie. xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk