The Beatles' Rooftop Concert in 1969

Wednesday, March 11, 2015





Blimey, what a treat! On January 30th 1969, The Beatles surprised a central London business district with a concert from the roof of Apple offices at Savile Row. It was their final public performance that was interrupted by police but despite the warnings, the band kept on playing for an additional 42 minutes. Afterwards Ringo said "It was a memorable day for me - we were doing what we did best - making music. But I am still disappointed the policemen didn't drag me off my drums!"

I'm a fan, you?

P.S: Crossing Abby Road and icons + their bikes.
P.P.S: PopSpots NYC.

(via this isn't happiness via The Beatles)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

She Loves Me is still my fave song. Jill

Jillian Manesh said...

i love the beatles :) i have really wonderful memories of listening to them on sunday mornings with my mom. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Camila Faria said...

This was epic! What a fabulous day to walk by the streets of London!

Art Farm said...

Absolutely a fan! I always loved these photos and this story. xo, Katie

Monica | Hola!design said...

love the beatles! can you imagine being there at that time? i get chills just thinking about it.

Melissa Blake said...

I always love seeing these photos...one of the best bands of all time!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How special, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica, oh yes!!! That must have been incredible!

Diana Mieczan said...

Melissa :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk