Phone Life

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Have you ever wondered how often you reach for your cell phone simply out of habit, not because you need to? My Balazs actually stayed away from owning a cell phone for the longest time, before it became essential for his work.

So here is a little short that might make you re-evaluate how much you actually use your phone. It's a story of two San Francisco residents: Matthew, an artist who’s never owned a cell phone, and Tess, a teenager who’s grown up with a smart phone.

The thing that made me think was when Matthew said "I feel like I'm the only one living..." Hmm, are you guilty of checking your phone when there is no need for it whatsoever? Thoughts?

P.S: Table phone talk: do or don't?
P.P.S: I forgot my phone.

(Video by Ivan Cash. Photo by Stockholm Streetstyle)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I turn off my phone for the night and we have a rule of technology-free meals at home. This way we can keep the balance. Jill

Jana | One Drawing A Day said...

beautiful! I recently deleted a bunch of apps and my twitter account. Facebook is next. My blog feed has shrunk-it was sucking my creativity-comparison is paralyzing to me. Slowly I'm being more inspired. I love your blog and will continue to follow you for a long time. I love that your blog is not a machine with staff and product endorsements. Stay you!

Chrissy said...

I guess it's a love hate relationship. Sometimes it's essential, but I try to stay away from it most of the time. We have the rule of technology free meals as well and our phones get turned off for the night. Great post!

Art Farm said...

Fear of missing out, such an odd phenomenon we have nowadays! I envy Matthew for not having one. I try to limit my time on it, but I definitely do have moments when an hour is sucked away with me mindlessly scrolling. Something to think about trying to change! xo, Katie

Camila Faria said...

I have to confess: I check my phone way too much. Love the video, I wish I was a little more like Matthew.

Polly Rowan said...

I have to say, I'm more like that 15 year old girl...

Technology free meals and nights sound like a good idea. Sometimes I endlessly scroll too, it's addictive! But it's hard as a blogger to say 'well, I'm just going to delete all my apps/social media', because as a blogger you definitely need to be part of all of that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, I like the idea of switching off your phone for the night.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana, oh my goodness...you just made me SO happy! Thank you for such a sweet comment - it means so much! :) xoxox

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Katie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, I have a love-hate relationship with my phone as well.

Diana Mieczan said...

Camila :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Polly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk