Persona.

Thursday, March 5, 2015












Do you think we are defined by the objects we use and own? Jason Travis created a very interesting series of portraits of old and new friends alongside their possessions and the everyday objects they use most. He wanted to capture a portion of their lives in terms of what each individual considered essential enough to carry around with them everyday. I love how uniquely beautiful each portrait is. You?

P.S: Family portraits with a twist.
P.P.S: Plus, this awesome family photo.

(via ufunk)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in objects being the comfortable side of our personality. My hubby will love it. Sending thx

Art Farm said...

My nosiness and curiosity loves seeing what objects people carry with them. Kind of funny that two of them carry pipes! And I love the squirrel. So funny! xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

so interesting! im pretty sure mine would include lots of snacks ;) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Thanks for sharing these, I love that there's a squirrel too!

Hildi said...

I love this!

Martina // Spunkyrella said...

Oh, I love that! It reminds me a lot of that "Fire"-something project - do you remember that one? With the photos of peoples most treasured belongings and stuff they´d grab in case of fire?! That was neat too.

This series is really spot on as well, though. I´d say I see myself mostly in that woman with the "everything" pouch (because my bag clearly also holds EVERYTHING :), the girl with the pink backpack (memories) and of course the French Bulldog (´Nuff said).

Happy Friday xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I like that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, the squirrel is incredible, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian :)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Marieken:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Martina, I remember! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk