Jazzy take on spring hostess gifts

Tuesday, March 10, 2015



With Easter and spring parties on the horizon, how would you fancy swapping your usual hostess gift for a little potted spring plant in a beautiful mug? I love how something so easy, like re-potting a plant into a cheery cup can jazz it up in such a thoughtful way. (Just remember to drill a hole in the bottom for drainage).

I’m planning to try it with herbs for Easter. Would you?

P.S: Peony harvest and jarred plants.
P.P.S: Also, eucalyptus bouquet :)

(Photos by/via La Maison d'AnnagBoHoSantaFeTrailDaisy PickersThe Lovely PlantsMireillee & co and Vakre)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I picked up a bunch of retro tea cups from a flea markets last weekend and now I know what I'm going to do with them.

Art Farm said...

I love this idea! I've actually been wanting to pick up one of those cute little greenhouses from Ikea and fill it with plants. xo, Katie

Camila Faria said...

That's a lovely idea. I think I'll try to do something similar for a friend who's hosting a party. I'm sure she'll love it (I would).

Michelle Porth said...

Love this idea, especially using vintage teacups. I like any project that re-purposes old items.

Check out my blog!
efflorescencemap.blogspot.com

Marcela said...

Oh! I have the same Pantone mug... but I can't grow a flower inside this particular one...It's my favorite;p :D Anyway, great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love the last picture! Spring is getting nearer, so I feel like spicing up the balcony :-) Last week I noticed the tulip bulbs have started growing!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Anonymous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I have one and it's such a great gem!

Diana Mieczan said...

Camila, I bet she will!

Diana Mieczan said...

Michelle :)

Steph said...

LOVE! There's nothing like giving and receiving plants. Wine is great, but these last so much longer, and they're so pretty. x

Diana Mieczan said...

It's a beautiful mug, Marcela:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I'm so excited for spring, Marieken :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally with you on that, Steph:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk