Budapest Then and Now

Tuesday, March 31, 2015





Have you been to Budapest before? It's such a gem of a city and I'm not only saying it because it's Balazs' hometown:) Anyway, a few days ago, we stumbled upon those amazing images of Budapest back in the 1900's beautifully merged with photos of the same locations in the present day. Seeing new projects like that makes me realize that cities are living things that evolve, grow, change and adapt with time. So much history in one single snapshot! Aren't they awesome?

P.S: Also, an amazing look back at Paris and a dash more of Budapest goodness.
P.P.S: 30 years of romance in the Big Apple :)

(via Index. Photos by Dombovári Márton)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vienna, Budapest and Prague are on my bucket list before 40. Jill

Niki said...

Budapest is beautiful. I'm from Hungary, so I thank you for sharing this!

Marcela said...

I have never been there. Looks really beautiful!

Alina said...

I've never been to Budapest either. I like the concept of combining photos from different decades, though! It's fascinating to see how much, or how little, things change.

Lila @ Justnibble and bellagetsreal said...

Crazy cool....

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Budapest is very high on the list of places I want to visit, thanks for sharing these amazing shots!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful!

I am going to Budapest for my first time next month and I am thrilled!

Diana Mieczan said...

Stephanie, have fun! It's such a great place.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk