Beauty of Everlasting Love

Monday, March 9, 2015


Norbert and Mary, married for 71 years.

Gloria and Walter, married for 65 years.

Russ and Elinor, married for 63 years.


Martha and George, married for 70 years.

In little over a month, Balazs and I will be celebrating 13 years together. So when this morning I stumbled upon Tracey Buyce's heartwarming photo series, I literally gasped! Tracy, inspired by her own parents' marriage, which lasted for 46 years, started to photograph couples that have been married for 40 years or more. She wanted to showcase and celebrate this incredible union that is complex, full of ups and downs and joys and sorrows. Ah, just looking at those sweet images makes me excited for the future!

How long have you been together with your husband or partner?

P.S: Six decades of love.
P.P.S: Love at first sight?

(via My Modern Met)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 years married, 9 1/2 years together but it still feels like we just met yesterday.

Art Farm said...

Toby and I have been together for 13 years as well!!! I love him more and more each day. xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

aww this is so sweet! congratulations on your anniversary!! xo jillian

Alina said...

It would be nice to grow old with someone I love.

Congratulations on finding that someone!

Jess said...

How sweet! I'm reading a book (The Paris Wife) and the characters talk about wanting to be one of those couples that grow old together and end up looking like each other (of course the character is Hemingway and we all know how that turns out....) ;)

LyddieGal said...

That is so beautiful and sweet. I hope it can be me one day.
Chic on the Cheap

Raincloud said...

Oh, couples like those are always so touching for me.
Do you remember the elderly couple from "Titanic"? They were the most romantic and moving moment in the movie, not Kate and Leo.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..that is so sweet, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Happy 13 years, Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Jillian

Diana Mieczan said...

Alina, I bet you will find someone special very soon too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jess, I am so going to read it now!

Diana Mieczan said...

You are so right, Raincloud!

Steph said...

So sweet and inspiring. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk