Understated tattoos with a twist

Monday, February 16, 2015



Do you have a tattoo? You might fancy another one after this post. I've always wanted one for my 30th birthday, but the fear of having something so permanent was greater.

Anyway, Stanislava Pinchuk is a hand-crafted tattoo artist with a refreshingly unique system of economics. She creates beautifully understated tattoos for her friends and in return they pay her with what they feel the tattoo is worth - trading-style. In Stanislava's opinion, body art is too important and intimate to be paid for with money, so she prefers the pay-it-forward system of reimbursement instead. Some people cook her a nice dinner as a compensation, others teach her a new skill, or give her a favourite book, a plant, an art piece in return for the tattoo.

I'm totally smitten with the map of the NYC high line (#4). You?

P.S: Tattoos and cowboy boots...
P.P.S: Hand painting art.

(via Dose)

7 comments:

Emmy Weiss said...

Wow, I love how subtle they are! It would be so easy to justify a small and subtle tattoo rather than something that is louder.

And her concept of payment is really unique. I feel that this is almost bohemian - in such a wonderful artistic way. :-)

Art Farm said...

Oh I love these! I love how subtle they are. I don't have a tattoo, but I've thought about getting one on and off since my college days. Still thinking! :) xo, Katie

Chrissy said...

These are beautiful! Love them all! If I were to get one, which I do plan at some point, it would be something like this! xxx

Brooke T said...

These are amazing. I've always wanted a tattoo but a small one - these are great inspirations!

Pinar said...

Loved them all! And loved the way she gets paid! I have an understated collar bone tattoo too! http://hative.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/collar-bone-tattoos/music-notes-collarbone-tattoo-52.jpg
:)

Sara said...

All beautiful! I got a tattoo this weekend and am really happy to think of all that it represents and reminds me of now and how it will be with me forever moving forward.

Diana Mieczan said...

Pinar, it's beautiful!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk