The New York Times + Coffee.

Thursday, February 19, 2015





On Monday I had my first cup of coffee this month. People who are close to me know that I love coffee and going off it for 2 weeks was something very out of my character. The only reason behind it was to figure out if it triggers my food allergies, but it actually made me appreciate the ritual that coffee drinking truly is.

Last week, while in the midst of constant caffeine-withdrawer-headaches, a friend sent me photos of the ultimate duo (The New York Times and coffee) to ease the pain and have something to look forward to. It's funny how breaking a simple habit like drinking morning coffee makes you realize that in essence it's not about the coffee, it's about the moments you create around it and the social aspect attached to it.

Have you got rid of any bad habits recently? Would you like to? xo

P.S: Table phone talk: do or don't?
P.P.S: Breakfasting.

(Photos by/via Rogin, The Trotter Girl, Patrick Janelle, Aline, Céline, this is glamorous)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, the longest I went without java was 2 days before a constant migraine kicked in.

Art Farm said...

Ugh! You have my sympathies for having to go off coffee. Hope you figured out what triggers your food allergies. And I completely agree with you about why I love coffee so much, the ritual. I love the smell, the sound of it brewing, the first sip, the quiet of the morning before the rest of the house has woken up! One of the best parts of the day, I think! xo, katie

DT @ Here I scribble said...

I got rid of my caffeine habit few months back. It was really hard, but I started substituting it with tea, and now I hardly ever crave for it. Although those pictures do make me want to get some..

Right now I am trying to get rid of my laziness.. It's getting in way of everything.
-DT
http://hereiscribble.blogspot.com

drunkliterature.net said...

Oof, no coffee in the morning would be very difficult for me, but good on you for putting your health first!

The NYT and a cuppa are the perfect combination, and one I certainly need to indulge in more often.

little t said...

Perfect Sunday morning material... but I'd replace it with tea!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, oh yes...everything about coffee ritual is so special:)

Diana Mieczan said...

drunkliterature, thank you:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk