My Valentine's Day Style

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

How do you usually celebrate Valentine’s Day? For us it’s mostly a low-key affair of a dinner-out at our favourite Greek restaurant and a chilly walk back home. Sometimes, if we feel adventurous, we stop somewhere for an extra glass of wine, or just rush home to enjoy the rest of the night chatting away about old times and listening to Miles Davis on vinyl.
The one special thing I do every single Valentine’s Day is treat Balazs to a box of his favourite handmade chocolates, and I order a new set of saucy underwear for myself. Years ago, I realised that wearing fancy knickers makes me feel foxy even if I have chocolate smudges all over my dress. So nowadays, I usually opt for beautifully understated dresses and pair them up with something special underneath. Try it! Fancy intimates are like a secret weapon that only you know about…

Anyway, since many of you asked about my usual (go-to) dinner-date look, here it is:

Flapper-style black dress - H&M's tights with tiny hearts - Comfy flats (mine are from Dune London) - Pink lips and Rosy cheeks with the help of MAC's 'well dressed' blush -  My go-to triangle and dot necklace - My newest crush, Panty by Post French undies: Santolina and Sinfully Yours. You can order just one pair or treat yourself to an underwear mail for 3, 6 or 12 months. Brilliant!

What's yours?

P.S: The perfect Valentine's Day hairdo.
P.P.S: Coeur a la crème = yummy!

(Photos by exPress-o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance to know where your dress is from? I'm mesmerized by the sleeves and I'm going to treat myself to the whole look.

Young at Heart said...

Wow.....that's early prep...prehaps that's where I've been going wrong!!

Jillian Manesh said...

great idea! :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

LyddieGal said...

Hehe, I'm with you, fancy underwear is good to have on every day, to feel just a little more sexy. Sounds like you've got a perfect v-day planned out.
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I got it in Moonsoon a few years ago while visiting my mom in London. Hope that helps.

Here is the link to the shop: http://monsoon.co.uk/

Diana Mieczan said...

Glad you like it, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Lydia:)

little t said...

Pretty! Love the dress!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk