Winter Skin Zesty Fix.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

During winter it’s always more difficult to get going, especially in the mornings. Do you feel the same way? So recently on Militza’s recommendation, I made this very simple and beautifully zesty scrub to get my days off to a good start.

I’m really not fussy when it comes to beauty, but I love my scrubs since my mom always raves about them saying: you might skip using lotion or shaving your legs, but if you regularly use a scrub, you will always have a natural glow and healthy skin.

Anyway, it’s a simple mix of lemon and lime peels and black poppy seeds. Since citrus fruits have an invigorating scent they make for the perfect wake-me-up morning routine and the scent really works well on those sleepy-winter-mornings. Do you use body scrubs?

Here is the how-to if you fancy giving it a go: in a bowl mix 1 cup of white sugar, the peel of one lemon and one lime, 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds and half cup of coconut oil. Blend it well and transfer it into an air-tight jar. It keeps for months.

P.S: Detox bath.
P.P.S: And this sleep salve is so good.

(Photos and recipe by Militza - Little Green Dot)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate winter skin, it's dry, red and itchy. I think I have all the ingredients on hand in my kitchen. I bet it smells great. Thx

Art Farm said...

Ooo! This sounds lovely! My face wash is orange scented and it is such a refreshing way to start the day. I haven't found a body scrub that I really like. So many are either too rough or too oily. Poppy seeds sound a bit gentler. xo, Katie

Hildi said...

Looks lovely. I might have to try that. Winter mornings are just too...cold and dreary.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, it smells SO good:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I think you will like this one. It's very gentle on the skin:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Hildi:) I can't wait for spring:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk