Winter Home: Bathroom Plants

Tuesday, January 13, 2015




Do you have plants in your bathroom? A while ago a friend treated me to Mother-in-law's tongue saying I should put it in my bathroom. They are known for loving low-light and tolerating humidity. A few months on and my Mother-in-law's tongue looks better than ever! It also makes my winter bathroom look fresh and spring-like especially during those dreary winter mornings.

So if your bathroom needs a little pick-me-up, get a plant or two and you will see how much it will jazz up the space. Here are 7 low-maintenance plants that are perfect for a low-light bathroom:

 1. Spider plant - 2. Orchid - 3. Peace Lily - 4. Mother-in-law's tongue - 5. Aloe Vera - 6. Boston Fern - 7. Bamboo.

P.S: 5 top radiator friendly plants.
P.P.S: Do you have hanging plants in your flat?

(Photos by/via Design*Sponge, Jason Santa MariaMelissa Oholendt, Remodelista, Home Adore, Decoist, A Feminine Tomboy, T&W. Plant list via Apartment Therapy)

15 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I love plants in a bathroom!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted about it. Lately, I was debating on how to make my bathroom look nicer. Thx

Mandy Doornenbal said...

It always looks like you have an outdoor bathroom, wich i realy love!

Art Farm said...

Ooo! I've been really itching for some plants in my apartment this winter. Looks like the boston fern and the spider plant are listed as safe for cats. I'll have to pick some up soon. xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

i wish we could have plants in our bathroom -- we dont have a lot of light in there :(

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Anonymous

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Sally!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Mandy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Katie!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, all those plants listed above are great for low-light bathrooms.

Keely said...

I have a peace lily that I have been moving all over my house trying to find it a place to live. Today I will move it to the bathroom!

little t said...

All of these bathrooms are beautiful. I want to fill mine with plants now.

LyddieGal said...

These bathrooms all look so delightful, like a perfect little oasis!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Keely, awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

You should go for it, little t:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk