The ultimate avocado toast.

Thursday, January 29, 2015



Have you ever had dukkah before? It’s a native Egyptian spice mix made of seeds, nuts and herbs. In Egypt it is usually eaten for breakfast and as an appetiser. Each mix is very personal and varies from one family to another. If you want, you can get it in gourmet and ethnic shops, but according to Jessie, it’s cheaper and easier to just make it yourself. I’ve heard tons about this magical spice before, but now after spotting it on an avocado toast, I’m finally giving it a go. Supposedly, it’s so delicious and full of flavour that when you make it once, you will want to eat it on everything - it's that addictive. So with Jessie's tip, my lunch today (and probably tomorrow as well) will be this incredibly scrumptious-looking dukkah avocado toast. Wanna join in?

P.S: Also, miso and avocado 5-minute egg cup.
P.P.S: Plus, fancy winning a beautiful golden bar necklace?

(Thanks, Katie. Photos by Faring Well)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of it but anything that involves seeds that you can flavor to your liking is great for me. I'm a vegan

Jillian said...

sounds delicious! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Yum...I want to try this!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Yum...I want to try this!

Camila Faria said...

Humm... sounds delicious! I've never heard of it too, but I'd totally give it a go!

Chrissy said...

This looks and sounds delicious!

Ann said...

Yumba - I want some right now. You are always finding the best things, Diana!

Art Farm said...

You'll love dukkah! I had it for the first time a few years ago. My brother took me to this tea house that served it. They would dip bread in oil and then in the dukkah and it was also served with dried fruit, cheese and olives. Such a delicious snack or meal! xo, Katie

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

This looks delicious!

Minha vida de campo said...

Amei a sugestão, nunca comi abacate assim. Vou experimentar.
Bjos tenha uma ótima sexta.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Delish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk