The French Decade.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Are you 30 yet? I'm going to be 33 this summer. While in my 20's, I was looking forward to being 30 - it didn't disappoint so far. Plus, ever since stumbling upon Casey's quote, I'm even happier about my age.

"I was once told, when you turn 30, you turn French. French women have an effortless style that is the envy of a lot of women. It has been said that when one hits her 30's she knows where she's going in life and what looks great on her."

Isn't it a wonderful way to look at fashion? Casey's board is an ode to being 30-something and finding what looks great on you and wearing those amazing pieces over and over again.

I'm all about understated style that is timeless and simple, and ever since I read the quote I've been wearing more of my beloved layers mixed with those 7 basics.

What's your style?

P.S: A forever piece.
P.P.S: How to dress like a true Parisian this spring.

(Photos via La Dolce Vita, LA Cool &Chic, Garance Doré, Leslie and Vogue)

12 comments:

sini said...

Beautifully said! I will be 32 this year, and I am only starting to find my own style and bit more 'woman' than before. I'm moving this age, i feel young yet adult.

Jillian said...

this makes me pretty excited to turn 30 in june ;) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

I love hearing this! I just turned 37 and I have to say 30s have been a great decade! I have definitely felt more confident in life, who I am and my style. Being a total Francophile, I'll take any comparison to being more French! :) xo, katie

Sara said...

Something to look forward to! I just turned 29 yesterday :)

inchbyinchlittlesnail.com said...

Love to hear this! I will be 30 come November. I never felt too bothered by it, but sometimes people around you start to make you feel like you should! Glad to hear a positive perspective :-)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sini, same here..I feel more like an adult but still very myself:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Jillian:) Happy almost 30!

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore what you said, Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Happy 29th birthday, Sara!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

inchbyinchlittlesnail.com :)

little t said...

I hope so - I turn 30 next year!

Steph said...

I just turned 31 and I love my 30s. I feel like I know myself so much better and life is less...messy. Love all these outfits!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk