Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

Thursday, January 8, 2015


In the past few years, Balazs and I have been making a conscious effort to lead more of a minimalist life, so when last night he sent me this trailer, I watched it 3 times and now I can't wait to see the whole documentary. It's about examining the many flavours of simple living by going inside the lives of minimalists from all walks of life. It also showcases the various ways for how to live a more meaningful and deliberate life. "Not a perfect life, not even an easy life, but a simple one."

There is no official release date yet, but the anticipation will make the viewing that much more enjoyable:) Sounds interesting, doesn't it? Would you watch it?

"Minimalism is a lifestyle that helps people question what things add value to their lives - clearing the clutter from life’s path so we can make room for the most important things."

P.S: Here is a great article about the creators and their twitter feed is full of goodies.
P.P.S: A film about coffee.

(Trailer via Laughing Squid)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked. I have this wild dream of selling everything I own and moveing into a small flat with only a few things I truly need/want.

Art Farm said...

OH this sounds so wonderful! I've been actively trying to pare down the number of things I own, start a capsule wardrobe and slowly dig myself out of debt in order to lead a life that gives me more time to do what I love and be with the people I love. It's a process, but it feels great! xo, Katie

Alina said...

This is certainly an interesting concept and while I think much has been written about it (including in blogs devoted to minimalism), I'd be interested in hearing what the movie makers want to say about it. I think it's possible to think about without participating in, or with participating, but not at an extreme.

Not having a release date is a challenge for me, so I'm glad to see there's more information about the film on other social media sites!

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds like a great and brave dream, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here, Katie. It's a process, indeed, but so rewarding as well, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Alina, there is tons of buzz surrounding the film and all the extra projects that go with it. Their youtube channel is amazing.

Steph said...

I have been thinking about this so much lately, moving away from the chaos of the city to somewhere a bit more peaceful, focusing on my own creative persuits, having a little garden, baking bread from scratch, being able to hear the birds and see the stars and having more time for the things I love. That's what it's all about really, right? I'm definitely watching this when it comes out!

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk