Flower Man.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Have you been to India? One of my biggest dreams is to take a trip there. Besides getting utterly lost in its culture, I want to visit the spectacular Malik Ghat flower market in Calcutta. Balazs’ friend, who had been there, said it’s a magnificent sight to see.

Anyway, my all-things-India-travel-lust got even stronger after I spotted this series by a Danish photographer, Ken Hermann. When he saw all those flower vendors in front of the Hooghly River selling garlands of marigolds, enormous bunches of mango leaves and handfuls of jasmine and sunflowers, he was so inspired that he created a series of photographs about them. Aren’t they striking?

P.S: Heavy load, and another stunning flower market in India.
P.P.S: Plus, those family portraits with a twist and this is a must!

(via Honestly wtf)


Art Farm said...

I'd love to travel to India! I have a friend who grew up there and would love to travel around with him. I've never heard of that flower market. It sounds wonderful! I absolutely love the photo with all the marigolds. So golden and sunny! :) xo, Katie

Jillian said...

India is number one on my bucket list!! i really hope to visit someday. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Designwali said...

India is amazing and it really gets all your senses going. My kids called it an adventure!

Emmy Weiss said...

Ever since I watched Eat, Pray, Love, I've wanted to go to India. It sounds truly amazing... the diverse cultures and delicious foods pulled me in... and now this flower man. This sounds divine! I think India is going to be my #2 destination (following Greece as my first). =)

Bellezza di Vita

Andrea said...

Oh wow. How beautiful are these photos. I have been to india, and I think it pretty much kick started my love for photography. I can't wait to go back.

Lauren said...

Travel to India is my dream too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk