10 Zesty Takes on Lemon

Monday, January 19, 2015

Even though you can buy lemons throughout the year, they are best and freshest in winter, and now it’s the time to enjoy them most. In the past week, I had more slices of lemon tart than I care to mention, mostly because I’m embarrassed of it:) But each time I reach for a new lemon snack, I always manage to convince myself (only if for a moment) that I’m stocking up on my daily vitamin C intake.

So, since I’m not planning on slowing down on the zest-iness, here are 10 tangy and delicious takes on lemons that you might want to try this month, starting with above, lemon-honey tart with salted shortbread crust.

Limoncello.

Lemon chicken orzo soup.

Sticky lemon rolls with lemon cream cheese glaze.

Lemon meringue pie bites.

Mini lemon hand pies.

Meyer lemon creme brulee.

Lemon pasta with salmon.

Lemon ricotta pound cake.

Meyer lemon marmalade.

Which one tickles your fancy?

P.S: The best way to keep lemons fresh for up to 5 weeks!
P.P.S: Also, my favourite lemon-blueberry muffins, this sun tea and lemon water.

(Photos by Natalie, Alexandra's Kitchen, Romulo Yanes, Sarah Anne Ward, Damn Delicious, The Kitchn, Denise, Lemons for Lulu, Amy and Nguyet)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fave take on desserts. Jill

Jillian said...

lemon is one of my favorite flavors!! that soup looks amazing. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Lauren said...

lemon pie is my favourite always!
love,
Lauren

Dr. kold_kadavr_flatliner, MD, the sub/dude said...

Yummm. What time's dinner??

SimaG said...

Yummy!!!!

LyddieGal said...

I am a big fan of lemon - just made a pound cake myself! I'll definitely be adding the lemon chicken soup to my list!
Chic on the Cheap

Art Farm said...

I LOVE lemon! I made a lemon drizzle cake the other week. That lemon ricotta pound cake sounds amazing! I need to give that one a try! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, the soup is something special. I made it twice already:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lauren:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lydie, I love a good pound cake :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, same here...Can't get enough of lemons:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk