Winter Cold and Sore Throat Remedy.

Monday, December 22, 2014


If like me, you often get sore throat or catch a nasty cold during winter, here is a great natural remedy that will keep you healthy till spring.

Place two pre-cut and washed lemons in a small jar, pour raw honey until it fills about 1/3 of the jar and let it sit in the fridge. Over the next few weeks the lemon will darken and the mixture will thicken. The peels and pulp will break down as well and leave behind a golden, lumpy marmalade that you can scoop into your tea on those dreary under-the-weather January mornings. Cheers!

P.S: Feeling a bit overwhelmed this Holiday season? Try this tonight.
P.P.S: And how about an unusual beauty trick that works?

(Recipe via Krysta. Photos by exPress-o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to make this. Happy Holidays. Jill

little luxury list said...

I always have honey lemon water when I am feeling sick - it's such a great cold remedy!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Liz Halle said...

Love this. So necessary in this Boston weather.

xo

Jana | One Drawing A Day said...

Lovely photos my dear!

Art Farm said...

That sounds good, even if I'm not sick!! :) xo, Katie

Monica | Hola!design said...

I never get sick, but I still want to try this to sweeten my tea!

Tish said...

yum! great tip!

Diana Mieczan said...

little luxury list :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you, Jana:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Monica:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk