The Best-Dressed Trees

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

How will you style your Christmas tree this year? Will it be classic, a bit funky, wonderfully kitschy or simply cozy and a bit understated? We usually stick to our red themed decorations, but one of our friends only uses food-themed baubles, and another one has a tree full of flying horses, rubber ducks and all types of kitschy goodness.

So, if you haven't decided yet on how to dress your tree, here are 5 takes that might tickle your fancy and get you inspired to try something new this year. Deal?

Nordic: bell - hearts - birds - Dala horse - Santa's elf - wooden heart - red and white bauble - reindeer - red bird - red horse - snowflake

Food: watermelon - ice-cream sandwich - donut - cupcakes - lime slice - eggs with bacon - sandwich cookie - tomato - popcorn - grapes - peanut butter jar - peanut - pretzel

Kitsch: school bus - honey-bear - gingerbread boy - koala - clown fish - Frankenstein and bride - blow dryer - English phone booth  - nurse - rubber ducky - sequin seahorse - piñata - penguin - dachshund

Cozy: wooly sheep - house - Scandinavian star - swan - reindeer - acorn - bear - jewel thief bandit raccoon - mistletoe

Posh: diamond - colourful - gold and white - metal - purple glass - red stripe glass bauble - rose pink - gold feather - ribbed finial bauble - mercurised jewel - geometric diamond in red - calabash tree

P.S: 13 takes on gingerbread and 10 takes on Christmas gift wrapping.
P.P.S: Plus, here are all our gift guides so far this year.

(Top photo via Modern Hepburn. Layout by exPress-o)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have two and both are dressed in colorful, different and somewhat crazy decorations that we got over the years. I love the kitschy theme. Jill

Art Farm said...

I do love the Nordic look! We just decorated our tree last night and it's a bit of everything. We have some ornaments that my Grandma made, pretty glass ornaments, funny things we found. It's very quirky, but very us and fun. xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

adorable picks! i love the nordic set. our tree decorations are all over the place with little mementos from our trips. xo jillian

Raincloud said...

Oh, looks lovely. Gorgeous selection.

Ann Martin said...

I'm such a fan of Scandinavian decor so the Nordic ornaments are my fave. That said, I admire people who can do a new color or style theme each year.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, both sound lovely and my Balazs is planning for two trees this year as well - one for the living room and one for the office.

Diana Mieczan said...

I bet it looks amazing, Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, I love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you, Raincloud:)

Jill Sarah said...

Mine is pretty traditional, but looking at my overly cluttered tree last night I was thinking that I could totally do themes...at least colours. I have enough ornaments to do only metalics, or only red or something. Next year!
I was born in Germany and my whole life we had the cutest little wooden ornaments on our tree. They've disappeared now it seems, which I'm so bummed about but I'd love to pick up some more one day.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Love the Nordic and Cozy ornaments. I don't have a traditional tree, but I will be making one out of washi tape this year. The ornaments are on display in a big glass bowl.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill Sarah, awww...wooden ornaments are so beautiful:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Out of washi tape? That is so awesome, Marieken :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk