If you're the lucky one who is going over to your parents home or friends for Christmas, the best hostess gift you can give them is breakfast for next morning. Yup, after a whole day of hosting, cooking and cleaning, their dream will be to wake up the next morning and do absolutely nothing. So a serving of banana bread, a fresh pretzel pack, a jar of homemade granola, a fresh smoothie pack or pastry with coffee will totally make their festive-morning-after magical!
My plan is to bake cinnamon rolls and make this coffee concentrate for my mom, but truly if you go with any of the 9 ideas above, you will make someone very happy this Christmas. Happy baking!
1. Basket of fresh fruits, eggs, pastries and flowers for a Christmas morning family feast.
2. Salt, sugar, olive oil and bread packed in a tea towel. Salt for sunny side up eggs, olive oil for grilled bread and sugar to sweeten the morning coffee.
3. Raspberry bread with a jar of homemade custard.
4. Breakfast granola in a box with honey, succulent or other flower and a few bits and bobs.
5. Homemade cinnamon rolls in a tin.
6. Two French baguettes packed in a tea towel topped with a jar of homemade jam.
7. Spiced cinnamon biscuits with a jar of cardamom-pear butter.
8. A few soft pretzels with a side of Dijon mustard.
9. Banana bread and honey butter duo.
P.S: Plus the best gift for people who love food.
(Photos by/via Piewacket, The Chalkboard Mag, Martha Stewart, A Cozy Kitchen, HGTV, Southern Living and Jenny Steffens)