Nifty Winter Hair Trick

Tuesday, December 2, 2014



Do you use coconut oil in your beauty routine? Last week, just before Thanksgiving, I squeezed in a little pre-festive haircut and learned a nifty winter hair trick.

If your hair gets dry, frizzy or straw-like during winter, as mine does, try using a dash of coconut oil on the ends of your hair. You can do it on dry or wet hair - it won't make a difference. I tried it twice already and I can't get over how shiny, smooth and frizz-free my hair became. Just make sure to use a tiny dash of the coconut oil, otherwise you can end up with a head full of greasy hair:)

P.S: Going grey.
P.P.S: The perfect bun trick and this homemade hair mask is amazing as well.

(Photos by Vanessa Jackman and via From Paris To London, Darling Magazine)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use it mostly as a lotion when my skin gets dry and as a makeup remover. Cannot wait to try it on my hair.

Art Farm said...

Great idea! My hair has been kind of static-ey and frizzy from wearing a hat. xo, Katie

Hildi said...

I use it mostly in the summer time when my hair gets really frizzy and dry due to over exposure of sun. Never tried it in the English winter but I am sure it'll work wonders.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, as a makeup remover? I need to try that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, it will fix it right away:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Hildi :)

LyddieGal said...

I need a little hair trick to get the oil off the top of my head!

Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Lydia, you should try dry shampoo. It works great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk