Goodbye at the Door.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014


This brought tears to my eyes! I bet we're all pretty familiar with the sweet and sometimes prolonged goodbyes from our parents, aren't we? Mine always stand by the front door, tearing up and asking 1000 times if we packed everything and making sure that we know to call them as soon as we land. They also wave and smile with the biggest smiles until our car disappears in the distance.

After Angelo Merendino’s wife passed away, he found new appreciation for those prolonged goodbyes. Since then, whenever he visited his parents, he always snapped that goodbye-moment that oozes so much love and care. With the Holiday season coming up, many of us will do the farewell waves quite a few times and after looking at those photos, I know I'm going to give my parents an extra cuddle and a wave on my way out. You? xo

P.S: Love ever after.
P.P.S: A beautiful GIVEAWAY is coming up!

(via Feature Shoot)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father passed away last spring. My mom told me that he was the one who took goodbyes pretty hard. He used to stand in the window after we left for the longest time. I miss him. Jill

Jillian said...

aw so sweet. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, I am so sorry for your loss.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian :)

little luxury list said...

These are such sweet pictures. Little moments like these are to be cherished!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Chrissy said...

This is truly sweet!

Marta G. (A Bilingual Baby) said...

How touching! In Spain, goodbyes tend to be really really long among friends, my American friends were a bit shocked! :)

Art Farm said...

Aw! This is so touching!!! xo, Katie

Hildi said...

So sweet. I am horrible at goodbye's and an expert at hello's!

Lainey-Paney said...

So sweet.
Love this.

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, little luxury list:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How interesting, Marta!

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE that, Hildi:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I keep on tearing up each time I look at those photos...

Diana Mieczan said...

Lainey-Paney:)

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I just found this... I went to his website....He is an amazing photographer dealing with tough subjects. Thank you for sharing this I appreciate knowing about Merendino's work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk