Go-To Uniform

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What have you been wearing lately? Since the weather is rather dreary, I've been trying to cheer myself up by wearing mustard jeans, silk blouses, pretty nail polish colours and a dash of lipstick. So if you need a quick pick-me-up, get those cheery pants out of the closet and get going. Deal? xo

Here is how you can recreate this look:
Silk blouse or this one - Mustard colour pants - Suspenders - Suede ankle boot or this pair - 'Big Smoke' colour nail polish - Lippy tinted balm in Abbey Rose - Alice York drop studs - Feather knuckle ring

P.S: More go-to uniforms and all our gift guides this year if you need a last minute inspiration.
P.P.S: How to wear layers like a true French Mademoiselle.

(Photo via Karen. Layout by exPress-o)

14 comments:

Diana Trotter said...

Those yellow pants would cheer me up, love the color! I have a pair of purple ones I bought a few years ago. Would love to get a new color though. Love how they look with the blouse and suspenders!

The weather hasn't been too great here either, just makes me want to stay inside!!

Art Farm said...

This outfit is so fun and cheerful! I love those suspenders!!! xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

i love this outfit! one of my favorite color combos! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Sara said...

LOVE.

Hildi said...

I really like those shoes. I don't feel brave enough to wear yellow trousers, -yet.

I.-I. said...

I so do love that silk shirt! I am looking for something similar for quite a while now and still didn't find the perfect one in the perfect budget. Maybe you girls have any secrets to share (that can be shipped to Europe for a reasonable price?) :) I would be very grateful!

Regarding the go-to look, I am kind of a mess in the winter. I blame the cold ;) But this outfit is simply perfect - with that classic combination of navy and mustard. Feminine with a touch of boyish: divine!

Steph said...

I've never been sure if I could pull off mustard pants but I love this outfit! Maybe I'll try :)

emmy d said...

Love this! The go-to uniforms are so helpful that I need to start creating some in my own closet for those mornings when NOTHING seems to look right.

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, it's such a comfy look :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Hildi, those boots are SO comfortable and look great with both dresses and pants:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, mustard jeans would look awesome on you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Emmy, so happy you like it!

Diana Mieczan said...

I.-I. you should try H&M, Boden or Zara. They have some of the most beautiful and affordable silk blouses around. Like this one: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WA533/Womens-Colour-Pop-Blouse.html

Hope that helps:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk