Festive Countdown...

Monday, December 1, 2014

Cheers to December! Long weekends are always fun, aren't they? But when they draw to a close, most of us feel a bit sad. Especially on the night when we know the next day it's back to the usual routine. Do you know the feeling? Anyway, instead of giving into Monday blues, how about a bit of daydreaming about all the awesome things lined up for this festive month?

Okay, I start. I made a list last night and it goes like this:
- I can't wait for the first proper snow. When the city gets all quiet as it's covered with snow and the cracking sound it makes when you walk on it for the first time. Do you know what I mean?
- Can't decide on how small or big our Christmas tree should be. (Do you have one already?)
- Making a wreath from dried citrus fruits
- Balazs' hot wine
- Christmas fairs and Holiday parties
- Wrapping gifts. Isn't that the best part?
- And counting down to the next three and a half weeks till Christmas when you can just sit back and enjoy!

Your turn, what are you looking forward to this December?

P.S: Also, treat yourself to this hot chocolate with red wine after work tonight:)
P.P.S: And a few awesome Cyber Monday discount details if you are in the mood for some shopping.

(Photo via Amber)


Anonymous said...

I get that feeling every Sunday night when I'm getting things ready for the week ahead. I'm looking forward to our trip back home on the 17th and a short month. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, how fun! Happy December. xo

Jillian said...

we decorated our little tree last night :) i love doing that and going through old ornaments. im excited to watch christmas movies and make cookies when my mom visits. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Marcela said...

Definitely the biggest Christmas Tree you can find! :)

Art Farm said...

I definitely had the case of the Mondays this morning! So this was a wonderful post to read first thing! I love the hush of the city during the first big snow. It's so magical!! I'm looking forward to decorating and all the twinkly lights. My neighbor had extra strings of lights and wrapped them around our porch, which was so lovely. Now when I look out my kitchen window, it just looks magical! I'm also looking forward to burning a lot of balsam scented candles and drinking lots of hot chocolate! Happy Monday, my dear! xo, Katie

Steph said...

Spending Christmas, my birthday and New Years in New York with family and friends for the first time in 6 years! Snow. Showing Jorge Niagara Falls in the Winter. A relaxing break from the city. Happy December! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, how sweet!

Diana Mieczan said...

Marcela, I think that too!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, how special...I love twinkly lights and I need to get some balsam scented candles.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay! How awesome, Steph:) When is your birthday?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk