Two (new) autumn takes on a silk scarf

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Do you wear silk scarves? How about men's silk tie scarves? I find them very dapper and sometimes easier to wear with my everyday uniform. So you can imagine my excitement when J. Crew's own head stylist, Gayle shared two new and sassy ways to wear silk long tie scarves this season like a pro.

1: Paired with a jacket, a coat or a blazer. The texture of the silk will play nicely under those heavier pieces and the mix is ideal for an autumn layering perfection.


2: Wear it with a cardigan or under a sweater as an alternative to a button-down. It will give your outfit a snazzy pop in the same way as a collar would. Plus this pairing is perfect for when you want to achieve a less 'styled' look that you can wear daily while still looking comfortable and yourself!

I've spent the weekend wearing Balazs' fancy tie scarf under a cardigan paired with jeans and surprisingly, I felt very comfortable and a whole lot sassier than usual.

Would you try those looks? xo

P.S: How to cuff your sleeves.
P.P.S: Also, belted scarves.

(Top photo by Damsel in Dior. Rest of the photos via J.Crew)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I could wear a scarf under my sweater but I'm definitely going to try wearing it under my coat. Such pretty inspiration.

Jillian said...

what a gorgeous scarf! xo jillian

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, great!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, I agree:)

Art Farm said...

Oh I love it! I could see myself wearing it under a cardigan. So chic! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, great! I can't get enough of that pairing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk