Paris Views

Monday, November 3, 2014




Fancy a snoop around? Two years ago, Gail Albert Halaban did a little NYC project of showcasing what her neighbours do behind their closed doors. The project got her so hooked on the subject, that she packed her bags and flew to Paris to capture Parisians in their intimate environment. Each individual was an active participant in the project and gave Gail permission to take their photo. I love how she is able to convey a sense of intimacy in an extremely public way. The contrast of those warm indoor lights with the exterior urban surroundings of an apartment building makes for an incredible mix. Buildings are nothing without their residents and those who live there make the shell feel warm, individual and special in their own way.

P.S: My breathing window NYC style.
P.P.S: Looking out.

(via New York Magazine and My Modern Met)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are fantastic.

Jillian said...

so beautiful! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

Ah! Love it!! I always love to sneak a peak into people's homes when I go for walks. So this is the perfect peeping tom indulgence! :) xo, Katie

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I just adored the NY series and this one in Paris is just as fascinating!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I LOVE your blog...I stop by daily. It's definitely one of the top highlights of my internet time! THANK YOU!

Bionica said...

love this post
such an interesting project
the exploration of fine art =)

-Bionica

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Katie! Same here:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I agree, Rowena:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you for such a sweet note, Anonymous!! You just made my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk