Nifty cucumber trick.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Here is a totally random but very cool cucumber trick that will get rid of the bitter taste that many freshly cut cucumbers have.

Before slicing it, cut off the end and rub this cut piece in a circular motion onto the end of the cucumber till it releases a white foamy substance. Repeat this on the other end too and then peel it or  prepare it how you normally would.

Balazs and I tried it last night with a few cucumbers for a salad and it really works. Do you know any fun tricks that you'd like to share? xo

P.S: Plus this tip to make your home smell amazing and those 4 apple tricks.
P.P.S: And here is also one for ginger.

(Tip via Jote. Photos by Bless her heart and Max Mallett)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever. My kids often complain about the bitterness. Love your blog Diana. Jill

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

You have always some nifty tricks up your sleeve, don´t you :) I actually knew that from zucchini which really works. Never experienced bitter cukes though...

Tiffany Kadani said...

No way!

Camila Faria said...

Amazing! I'm going to try it this weekend!

Steph said...

Wow, how weird is that? You are full of useful trick, chica! xo

Jill said...

So weird! I've never noticed bitterness but I will pay attention now and try this trick!

Esmeralda said...

My mom used to smear the foamy substance on our faces...I still do it...but find that today's cucumbers are not as foamy as those from my childhood...

Chrissy said...

Wait, what?! Awesome! I will definitely try this with our next one!

Annie said...

so interesting!!

sini said...

Sounds interesting! But I haven't ever noticed a bitter taste in a cucumber.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, Jill!

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie, so good to know that it also works on zucchini:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Camila:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Steph:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How interesting, Esmeralda.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Chrissy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk